This course gives a full overview of medication in a care environment and it’s administration.
Did you know that hospitals class Paracetamol as a dangerous medication?
Experienced Training currently provides training on medication systems meaning we train pharmacists, doctors and nurses on prescribing and administering medication on an electronic medication system. (E-meds)
We have seen first hand the common problems with administering medication in all forms of care. We provide engaging exercises that are proven to improve accuracy and speed of recording information.
A commonly requested exercise is to use your existing paperwork with errors and highlight your in house issues and their solutions
Key Learning Points
- How do you administer medication?
- How to store medication safely
- Types of medication
- Common examples of mistakes and their consequences
- The 7 rights and guidelines of administration of medication
- The right to refuse
- Drug errors
- Medical Administration Sheet’s
- Process of disposing medications