As a keyworker you want to provide the best individual care for your clients and carry out effective assessment and support planning. You need to know how to motivate your clients to achieve their personal goals and understand how to advocate on their behalf. You also need to know how to improve communication between your colleagues and clients and contribute to service improvement.
It covers the latest communication methods and financial standards. We all know funding in care is not always easy, this course assists key workers and home owners to improve the care they provide.
Key Learning Points
- Key principles of key working
- Core conditions of effective communication
- Rights, responsibilities and policy
- Assessment, visitations and overcoming assumptions
- Payment, budgeting and choice
- Family and outside influence
- Environmental attachment including enabling and disabling environments
- Stress management
- Unconditional positive regard and counselling skills