Health and Safety
Health and safety concerns are one of the main reasons why care organisations fail to meet the standards of the CQC.
We understand that in a care environment health and safety is paramount to patient care and the materials cover specific areas that enhance the well-being of service users and staff in the workplace.
Delegates who attend this course will be engaged and motivated to ensure that they comply with legislation and raise awareness of the need to provide a healthy, safe working environment ensuring the welfare of everyone.
Key Learning Points
- What is Health and Safety?
- Health and Safety related accidents and ill-health.
- Health and Safety in the workplace (Health and Safety Act 1974)
- Legal responsibilities and requirements
- Policies and procedures
- Risk assessments
- Workplace hazards and common cause of accidents
- Manual handling
- Electrical safety
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Infection control
- RIDDOR (including April 2012 update)
- Fire safety
- Accident reporting and record keeping
Share this Page