Fire Safety in a Care Setting, Social care Fire Training that meets skills for care requirements.
This course gives an an overview of the dangers of fire and the action you should take in case of a fire.
It meets the present CQC Skills for Care Standards for staff who are pre and post care certificate.
We understand that fire training in a care environment has unique challenges, having trained thousands of care workers in this subject, we are all too aware of this and provide practicable information.
Delegates will carry out a dummy fire procedure which will highlight the common overconfidence and under planning that staff have.
Key Learning Points
- State your obligations with regards to fire safety
- State the actions to be taken in the event of a fire occurring in the working environment
- Identify the correct fire extinguisher for use on a range of different types of fire
- State how fires occur and spread, and how you can reduce the risk of fire occurring
- Understand the consequences of a fire in the home and how you may reduce the threat.