End of Life Care
This course has been designed to give a holistic training experience that assists care staff to provide the highest standard of end of life care.
The core of the course, communication, counselling and dignity.
The primary goal of the course is to give the tools to care workers that make care at this stage the best it possibly can be.
Key Learning Points
- Acknowledge staff experiences with
end of life care
- Understand the core conditions of communication
- Understand what care is required of
different staff groups
- The grief cycle
- Provide high quality end of life care
- Communicate effectively, understanding context and communication
- The Power of silence
- Recognise when a service user is
nearing the end of life or has died
- Recognise and provide bereavement care where needed